birdies

Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I get the opportunity of serving in the young women with these three ladies. It has been really great getting to know each of them better. Julie Lund is the President, Anne Scott is the 1st Counselor, and Willow Buttars is the Secretary. We are making these cute hair clips for the girls this year. We had quite the experience getting these brads to put onto the bobby pin. We were going to make fabric covered buttons but decided they would be too expensive. I had gone shopping at Hobby Lobby on Saturday and found these brads at 50% off. On Sunday I spoke with Julie and we decided to go and get the brads on Monday. I called the store on Monday morning and they told me the brads were not on sale any longer. So we decided to print a bunch of 40% off coupons and go in and get them. The only problem was that we could each only use 1 coupon and only buy 1 at a time. So 10 trips to Hobby Lobby were on each of our list. Mason Harrop was going to Logan so we asked him to stop there. The Logan store let Mason pick up the 27 packages from their store at 50% off. The Layton store made us pick up the rest of the packages one day and one person at a time. The moral of the story...shop the Hobby Lobby in Logan and not Layton!!!

No comments: