
On February 8th Dad turned 83. We went down to Mom and Dad's house for dinner and a birthday celebration. We really had a good time. It was fun to hear Dad tell stories and for those that came to just spend some good quality time together. Happy Birthday Dad and we hope there are many more birthdays to come!

We had our 3rd annual young women recognition dinner on February 10th. I was given the assignment to cook the chicken and the rolls. It turned out really nice. Willow's son in law and daughter sang and talked. We have had a steady increase of girls getting their award so that is great news.

.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5576744383235741522" />
We decided to have a Valentine Progressive Dinner. We ended up having 46 people come. It was on a Monday night so we thought that we wouldn't get too many. I was amazed at all the people and we had a great time. So much food though. We had appetizers at our house, then we went to Ali and Jesse's for salad, to Jeff and Natalie's for the main dish and to Travis and Lori's for dessert. I sent Brian Valentines 1 every hour throughout the day. Teri was so nice to deliver them to him. I am going to miss Teri and Brad when they move to St. George but I am happy that Brad got a job so Teri can be home to be mom!

Karlee ran once again at the Simplot Games. She has had a bad bad cold so her running was off on the preliminary's. She did make it to the finals and ended up taken 2nd (just barely) in her heat and 11th overall. Congrats Karlee. Karlee has also had exciting news. She got asked to the prom by Ryan Moser and she is very excited. She also got nominated to be prom royalty. We have found a dress for her to wear and she looks absolutely beautiful.

Allyson had her GOLDEN birthday this year. She turned 19 on the 19th. So we have been seeing gold! She came home and it was so nice to see her. Brian and I both say that she adds a lot of life to our home. We took her on a golden treasure hunt. She ran the mile at Weber State and took 2nd place. We went to a movie and then had a Golden Dinner on Sunday. One thing that Ally got is something that she says she has been missing out on in life and that is a set of God Parents. Scott and Heidi Hansen. Scott even drew up a legal document. Ally asked them to be her God parents, she is a NUT!

Yesterday was Presidents day. We went snowmobiling. We had a BIG storm on Sunday we got about 2 feet so the snow was beautiful and it had been a long time since I had snowmobiled. It was a blast! Thanks Dad, for letting us use your snowmobiles.

February has been a busy month. On top of all that I have written about...Brian and I went to the Timpanogas temple. We are going to go to all the temples in Utah this year. We had two very sad funerals both for babies that were still born. I have been having marathon young women meetings for Stake Girls Camp. We had stake conference. We learned how to work on our marriages. President Kimball's formula for a happy marriage is to 1. Be compatable 2. Be unselfish 3. Spend quality time. 4. Keep the commandments. We also learned how to feel the spirit and to invite the spirit into our lives. President Taggart spoke on the sermon on the mount and he advised us to stop being angry! Our stake goals are to develop Christlike attributes. Good thing to work on always! We had a high priest party this month and a Ragnar meeting. It looks like I am running this race for sure. I need a bit of luck!
2 comments:
Wow you have had a busy month. Good luck on Ragnar. Happy birthday Ally and Lynzi!
That sounds lkike a fun month!! I'm glad I got to be at the golden dinner!!
Post a Comment