
Brian and I just got back from a week in St Thomas. This was a much needed relaxing vacation. We started by flying at 1:00 am. I got a Rx from Dr. Ferguson for some Ambien. Brian and I both took the Ambien and honestly we can't even remember taking off or any of the flight to Atlanta or any of the 3 hours that we spent in the Atlanta airport. Kinda scary but also really nice.

When we arrived in St Thomas it was beautiful, hot and humid. The people there really don't SMILE much at all.
We stayed at the Elysian Hotel on the East end of the Island. It was nice. We spent a lot of time on different beaches. Our favorite was Lindquist beach. It was so peaceful and beautiful it nearly took my breath away.
We went on a walking and driving tour of the Island. We saw Blackbeards castle and walked the famous 99 steps.

Brian was a BRAVE BRAVE man and drove the whole Island. It was crazy narrow roads with no shoulder and he had to drive on the left side. I was so glad that we did rent a car so we could avoid the Taxi's over there. (They are CRAZY!!!)
We spent a day on St. John and went snorkeling there. It was pretty, I saw a sting ray and Conch Shell crabs. The water is so clear and the temperature is perfect. We had a long walk and were lucky that a Islander picked us up or our walk would have been a lot longer :).

We went to church on the Island, there is just one small branch about 25 people were there. About 10 of us were visitors. The whole branch presidency is from the states, there was a missionary couple and about 5 native members. The church has a lot of work to do in that area.
Brian and I had lots of time to catch up and spend time together. It helped me remember that I really do love him. Sometimes life gets so crazy we just need some time away to reconnect!!!
