birdies

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


We were on the 8th deck. The kids were in room 8653 and we were in 8687. We were at the very back of the ship and the kids were more in the middle of the ship. We each had a steward that took care of our rooms. They would leave towels folded into shapes of animals in our rooms.

We had two waiters...the head waiter was Piotr (Peter) and his assistant waiter was Severiano. Piotr was from Poland and Severiano was from the Philipines. They work for 6-8 months at a time and then have 2 months off. They work from sun-up until way beyond sun down. I would not like to have that job but this is how they provide for their families.

I would say that Piotr and Severiano were my favorite part of the cruise. They made dinnertime fun and served us like I have never been served. The kids didn't like the fancy food all the time and even ordered Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches but they liked to visit with our waiters because they were so kind.

No comments: