birdies

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 10...A favorite food and recipe

I love to make and eat breadsticks and found this recipe a while back that I love!!!
The Best Breadsticks EVER
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon malted milk powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Dissolve the yeast, malted milk powder, and brown sugar in 1 1/2 cups warm water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Stir in:
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
Roll out in a rectangle shape that is 1/2 inch thick and 18 by 12 inches. Cut the width in 1/2 to make 2 6 inch rectangles and then cut into strips that are about 2 inches long.
Place on cookie sheet. Spread melted butter on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
Let sit for 25 minutes. Bake 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I like to serve these with Spaghetti, Ham/Potato Soup, or just plain with marinara sauce. YUMMY!

No comments: