birdies

Monday, January 17, 2011

January 8th-17th

On January 8th we went down and watched Ally run at BYU in her first college indoor race. She ran the mile and took 6th place. After we went to the Living Planet Aquarium and to dinner at Costa Vida.
On Sunday the 9th I went to South Fork's ward conference. Taylor Satterthwaite gave a good talk about seeing a man on the bus at the airport. He watched the man hop out and help everyone on the bus and carry their luggage. He was the last one on the bus and ended up standing. Taylor thought he looked familiar and when he got on the airplane he remembered who the man was... he was his MTC mission president from 20 years ago. Taylor said he remembered him from his actions. He challenged all of us to live so that people know we are members of the church by our actions. I thought it was a really good talk.
On Monday the 10th I ran down to the church and then did P90X at the church with some ladies. I then came home a cleaned house and got ready for FHE. We had a lesson about Jesus Christ, I thought it was really good.
On Tuesday the 11th I had a marathon meeting from 10-2 at the Stake Center. We planned our fireside, girls camp, the young women recognition dinner. We have a lot of things coming up this year.
On Wednesday the 12th I went to work. It was a good day, busy but good. At lunch I had the great opportunity to get a mammogram. I haven't heard back on it yet.
On Thursday the 13th I went cross country skiing it was a pretty day. I also went downtown and went grocery shopping.
Friday the 14th the kids were out of school and Brian was home from work. Brian and I went to Matt Townsend's date night learning about the differences between men and women. Some things I learned: Top lessons for women: men care as deeply as women do, they just care differently. The quality of talk may be more important than the quantity of talk. Doing things together really does matter. We want to feel closter and more committed to you. Top lessons for men: Our hormonal roller coaster is just as scary and confusing to us as it is to you. Seeing that we are a top priority in your life is the greatest turn on you could imagine. We would touch you so much more if you would just leave it at that. We want to relax about life and let go of the worries and the surest way to do so is when we feel safe and sense your love and committment to the family. Intimacy is a process not an act. I thought he was really funny and I enjoyed it. Karlee and I went down to Ally's apartment that night and stayed over.
Saturday the 15th Karlee ran her first indoor meet this year at BYU. She took 1st in her heat and eighth overall. We went shopping a little bit and then came home.
Sunday the 16th we went to church. I got to substitute the 11 year olds in Primary. We learned about foreordination. Dave spoke in sacrament meeting because they just got released from the young men's presidency. It was a good busy week.
Today is Monday the 17th of January and it is Martin Luther King day. The kids are home from school and we are planning to do something fun.

No comments: